Party time

Events run by players - no GMs necessary!
Firerose

Re: Party time

Post by Firerose »

I really like Morhollow. I hadn't even thought of that. Awesome suggestion!
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

I think it's already kind of been decided on IC that it will take place in Shadgard at the party pavilion, as kind of a second offering to the Balls of years past. They were just trying to find a time that would be solid for a good amount of time zones.
Lamia

Post by Lamia »

Yes, it was, IC, a notion intended to liven and cheer up Shadgard primarily, while being an open invitation to anyone from elsewhere (including battered, possibly slightly demoralized Mistral Lake) who might want to attend. I have to admit, OOCly, that we didn't consider people possibly banned from Shadgard, sorry!

So from what I've read, 4 p.m. game time seems to be viable. Thanks for the responses :)
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

A bit belatedly, but thank you all for a great time. It was the most fun my character's had in a while. Here's to more of that in future.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

My character enjoyed grumping internally about how no one knows how to line dance, even though they did fine. He also just got to dance, which was a thing he doesn't get to do very often.

- Pigeon, you did an incredible job setting all of this up, practically without help. Even though I offered. At least I brought the whiskey that everyone stole.
- Volinn, I'll be praying for your knees to grow back fast.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Shame I missed it!

Had a last minute change to my vacation plans that included taking my mum out for dinner.

See you all next time!
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

Thank you to Pigeon for setting the stage for this event and for all the people who helped and showed up! I was sad I couldn't stay longer (had to log off to do those pesky RL things) but from what I hear it seems like it was a lot of fun :D
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

My dude enjoyed himself despite every single effort not to: thank you to everyone involved!
Lamia

Post by Lamia »

Thanks for the kind words, folks - I'm just happy so many of you decided to share some of your time for something so frivolous :)

I'd really like to accept all the credit for it, but honesty compels me to disclose that I had lots of help, most especially from Marvin and Chaer, who busted their backs hauling food, drink and tableware in for us all. Thanks again, you two, I really, really appreciate that.

There are a lot of dancing fools in Shadgard, I have to say. And I think that's amazing! Also, more musicians than I ever realized - this is all good to know for future reference.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

As always, it is such a pleasure getting to have fun with you guys. Thank you to everyone who helped Pigeon, Pigeon for being wonderful, and all our musicians! It was great getting to have Eiry play again like she used to. You all are wonderful and parties will have to compete to be this great.
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini