Rook Parlour plan to leave Library of Qamar to teach at their own facilities; also general musing on Class individuality

General discussion of Guilds that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Gorth

Re: Rook Parlour plan to leave Library of Qamar to teach at their own facilities; also general musing on Class individua

Post by Gorth »

As someone who doesn't know much about sorcery, except that nether wells roll scary high, what if there was a super high level task to go and like..channel in a sorcery well for a little bit, and try and calm it down?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Maina

Re: Rook Parlour plan to leave Library of Qamar to teach at their own facilities; also general musing on Class individua

Post by Maina »

A replacement for the lost Shelving tasks would also be nice, but I imagine Shelving wouldn't be something that could be ported directly.

I imagine something like the old 'survey' tasks would be relatively simple and might fit well?

Also bumping my old thread for scholar tasks, which has some Warlock suggestions: viewtopic.php?p=4828#p4828
Agelity

Post by Agelity »

Very exciting to see this underway! The only question I had was with regards to the arcana that Warlocks had before (could potentially learn up to 500). Since they no longer have access to those study spots or the training area, is it intended that they no longer have that extra arcana + access to "Practiced Diagrams" (along with the other skill bumps like meditation), or is that just a small oversight with the move?
Last edited by Agelity on Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Rias wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:27 pm Copy document tasks added to the hubs of both Rook locations!
Thank you for the rapid push for this! Though I did run into a bug with the warlock version of the copy task, bug report 10855.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Bork

Post by Bork »

Just an idea.
In terms of other guilds moving out to carve out their own identity. it would be cool if what I see as hybrid guilds that have multi-discipline features like night-blades having both warrior training and sorcery had to negotiate learning their skills from two different parent orgs. Rook for sorc, Stormhold for the warrior stuff?

I feel this may present an interesting niche situation for such characters where they have to negotiate the relationship between the two guilds on a more personal level and hint a level of intreegue between the two guilds that could be expanded on for plot int eh future.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Agelity wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:19 pm Very exciting to see this underway! The only question I had was with regards to the arcana that Warlocks had before (could potentially learn up to 500). Since they no longer have access to those study spots or the training area, is it intended that they no longer have that extra arcana + access to "Practiced Diagrams" (along with the other skill bumps like meditation), or is that just a small oversight with the move?
That was an oversight. They should have the increased Arcana and Meditation caps at their new training spots now, as well as Practiced Diagrams. (I didn't bother with the non-implemented skills for the time being.)
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO