Foraging mushrooms

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

Foraging mushrooms

Post by Talyn »

Been thinking quite a bit about foraging and mushrooms. I know mushrooms tends to be a worrisome thought with the Resen but I thought it would be cool to have different mushrooms out in the world that could be found. Mushrooms could be a cool source of Bushcrafting food that can be found and foraged. However, mushrooms should come with a dangerous side to them for some. I'm not sure what Rias plans to do with herbalism but I thought it would be cool to have a skill that would identify herbs if they're poisonous or not (Even if it remains Bushcrafting). If you were hungry and started foraging for berries or mushrooms in this case without the knowledge of what mushroom that is, you wouldn't know. Is it poisonous or not. anyways these are some mushroom ideas I had.

Witch tongue mushroom: A large, light pink mushroom that hangs off cave walls that have a human tongue appearance.
If eaten the creature looses their ability to talk correctly much like an insane person. Effect wears off in an hour or so. Unless there's an antidote.

White button mushroom: Small white mushroom that's cap resembles a small button.
These would be eatable, the portabella mushrooms we know today are a common mushroom.

Ripplebark Mushrooms: Shelf-like fungus that resembles a mass of rotting flesh.
Surprisingly it's edible. Even though it can be eaten raw would give morale loss, roasted would taste better

Fly Agaric: This mushroom is a large red cap with white speckles all over the cap.
This mushroom is moderately poisonous it starts off resulting in mild nausea and twitching, which leads to sweating and hallucinations. It could potentially kill due to the drop of blood pressure, but those who survive are given a massive headache that can last up to ten hours afterwards.

Nightlight mushrooms: These long tubular mushrooms can grow up to 8 feet tall and product a greenish bioluminescent light if touched or disturbed.
I'm not sure if these should be forage or not just thought they were a cool idea. Maybe a character walks into the dark room and they light up or something.

Torchstalk: This fungus is about one to two feet tall, with a dark red cap resembling almost torch like.
Once Lit this fungus will burn for 24 hours. However, there's a 1-in-6 chance of exploding when lit, creating a cloud of fiery spores, which should cause fire damage or possibly poisonous if inhaled.

Just some fun mushroom ideas I had, maybe if others have ideas for more forgeable things that would be cool to add on!
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias