New Leatherworking ideas

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

New Leatherworking ideas

Post by Talyn »

So, I was thinking and bouncing ideas off with Lexx and thought it would be kind of neat if Tailors/leatherworkers could take a large pelts, and a few bundles of cloth. Sorry I don't know how tailoring works so not sure how much cloth would be needed to make a canvas. Then perhaps a bushcrafter could take those canvas' with some sticks and rope to turn them into tents, could even use pitons. My thoughts is, for people who want to play rangers, in the wilderness or even if a player needs to run afk and can't run back to the city, they could set up the tent in the wilds to crawl into, to sleep. Giving them a small 0.50 morale bonus over a short period of time. Nothing like sleeping in a nice warm bed. These tents shouldn't be player homes so I would suggest not allowing items other then maybe a bedroll to go into them, and so people don't lay tents around like crazy a duration over time if they are left up while the player is online. It's mostly a rough draft of an idea.

The other leatheworking idea is that, and I know this is going to sound weird. I find leather shields boring. They don't make sense to me other then mechanics. You take a pelt, you turn it into leather, you take ridgeleather solution and some rivets to turn into a shield. I think it would be much cooler to have a community based crafting, so a woodcrafter would have to make wooden shields with planks and nails, basic but let's not over complicate it. Then a leatherworker can enhance said wooden shield with the leather, solution, and rivets. Thus making it a ridgeleather shield. It would promote players to play woodcrafters and leatherworkers to make the item. I just like the idea of players having to use their skills to make items as a community rather then one person doing it theirself.

If any other leatherworking product items come to mind please add them here! I'd love to bounce ideas with people cause I do enjoy leatherworking.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Teri

Re: New Leatherworking ideas

Post by Teri »

I like the idea of some group crafted things and also just uhh throwing out ideas below
  • snow shoes
    leather tankards
    corsets/skirt/ leather fashion items maybe a community thing with a tailor
    leather hair ties/clips
    bracelets/cuffs
    nice leather shoes
    leather masks
    leather eyepatches
    codpieces
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Teyarflow

Post by Teyarflow »

With a little research I found you don't need to put wool on a spinning wheel to spin it, so why make us put a pelt on the tanning frame to clean and dehair it? Just let us hold it hand in a room with a frame and clean it that way. Then we don't need to worry about fighting over space on the frame, or someone taking our pelt while we're in RT, and best of all, we don't need to worry about targeting the pelt on the frame instead of the other 30 pelts that are in various places in our inventory and around the workroom.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Teyarflow wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 pm why make us put a pelt on the tanning frame to clean and dehair it? Just let us hold it hand in a room with a frame and clean it that way.
This is now the case. I've updated the wiki/helpfiles accordingly.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Teyarflow

Post by Teyarflow »

Thank you! This is so much nicer.