Rumor system

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Bonehead

Rumor system

Post by Bonehead »

One of the things I liked about the previous game was that it had a rumor system. While standing in a Town Commons area, you were able to hear rumors about various things happening in the town or game world in general.

I feel like this could even be expanded, to offer up lore tidbits or developing news about the wider world in general. Traveling merchants sharing news of what's going on in the Dominion or Republic, for example.
Wut?
Marcuson

Re: Rumor system

Post by Marcuson »

I could imagine the Perception, Linguistics, and Trading skills all playing a part in being able to pick up on rumors. Along with the Awareness attribute.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I had a lot of fun with the rumor system in its previous incarnation, so I'd say there's a very good (100%) chance it'll be a thing around here once I can get to it!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

And P.S. I like the suggested idea of certain skills making it more likely for some characters to pick up on rumors.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
nobody

Post by nobody »

I like the passive rumor system (hear rumors over time), and active rumor systems, and the latter could be a nice small riln sink - buy someone a drink and ask them what they've heard lately.
Last edited by nobody on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

I did enjoy my few times I bought people drinks in Clok where a GM and I learned something.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."