A Plethora of Pinatas

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

A Plethora of Pinatas

Post by Karjus »

1. Mounted Combat: Horses have their base rolls reduced, but while mounted have them scale upwards based on the Rider's skill. Currently, Warhorses all seem to have M500 and it doesn't matter who rides them, or whether they're being rode. Their base roll could be based on the horse itself as I know they have variable stats. This could help keep mounted combat viable up to capped hunting grounds, where they would currently likely suffer. (M500 vs D800+)
  2. Meditation: Two ideas here, either a small chance for a character to ignore a cooldown for an ability, or a small chance to increase the amount of energy you'd receive on a pulse. Might help offset the huge energy drain for high channels, and validate having high meditation for some Scholars. At the same time, it would end up being useful for most people and not just for fighting Cultists.
  3. Bone Carving: Really want to see the ability to carve bone, both to make certain components like buttons and needles, and to make bone armor. Could be two variations, either a more complex one with leather to make bone-studded medium, or a simpler one with wood.
  4. Group Words of Power: Words that the Bard can use for group buffs, not just one-off casts. Have it last as long as the Bard is in a group, and perhaps make them more draining for the Bard to sustain the more people are in the group or being effected.
  5. Side by Side: A weaker variation of this, for non-Warriors.
  6. Knockdown: A knockdown skill for non-Warriors. I think this would go a long way to making combat more accessible for non-Warriors.
  7. Front Loaded Ability Points: Early combat gameplay can be incredibly frustrating, and how well you do can almost depend on what ability you pick. I'd like to see Ability Points front loaded a little, to help newer players. Even if it's something as simpler as start with 2 points, and don't get one at level 2.
  8. True Strike: It's genuinely quite good now, but I feel like its cooldown needs to just be a little quicker. Even if it was 20 seconds, or 25 seconds. Or possibly another ability that can be used, that has a chance of refreshing it.
I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I hit post.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."