Leatherworking (A Review)

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

Re: Leatherworking (A Review)

Post by Talyn »

Just thought I'd add this as I don't know if anyone else has made Brigandine armor yet. However, checking market value with the three pieces we can make the armor is more expensive then ridge leather. Granted it is made with iron plates so that may have come into factor but the pricing still seems strange to me.

a fine leather brigandine vest @3,391r/each. I typically round up so 3,500
some fine leather brigandine pants @1,245r/each - 1,500
some fine studded fur vambraces @3,731r/each - 4,000

they're all using copper components besides the iron plates and each one is made with Wechuge leather. I'm just unsure why the vambraces are the more expensive piece of armor out of them rather then the vest which requires more components and size. Just thought I'd pass along what I found.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

Something else that caught my attention while leatherworking last night. I've made a few pouches but for the first time since learning how to do leatherworking I made a satchel. Roughly rounding up the prices for both.

Information on the pouch recipe (leatherwork):

A small drawstring pouch that can be attached to a belt.
It is a small item, mainly made of (material).
It can be worn on a belt.
It is a container that can hold items of a size up to small, with a capacity of 15.
It is possible to close and open this container.

Skill(s) required: Leatherworking (0)
The following additional components are required to craft this item:
- a skein of thread (x3)
Tools required:
- something to sew with
- an awl to drive holes with
Steps: 25

the market will buy these at 750 riln.

Information on the satchel recipe (leatherwork):

A (material) satchel with a handy shoulder strap.
It is a medium-sized item, mainly made of (material).
It can be worn in the shoulders inventory slot.
It is a container that can hold items of a size up to medium-sized, with a capacity of 30.
It is possible to close and open this container.

Skill(s) required: Leatherworking (0)
The following additional components are required to craft this item:
- a buckle (x2)
- a rivet (x2)
- a skein of thread (x4)
Tools required:
- something to sew with
- an awl to drive holes with
- something to hammer with
Steps: 12
Market price 650, honestly it's even less around the 620 mark hence rounding up. Now I understand that it's also based off of Steps but that doesn't seem to make sense to me either since a pouch is 25 and the satchel 12. That still doesn't seem to make sense to me because the satchel is bigger. It requires medium leather and the content volume is greater:

Pouch - It is a container that can hold items of a size up to small, with a capacity of 15.
Satchel - It is a container that can hold items of a size up to medium-sized, with a capacity of 30.

To note that both items were made out of the same material other then the fact that the satchel needs more materials but sells for less. Just thought I would point these out until I find something different with leatherworking.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

Hi, While this isn't 100% a leatherworking question it has to do a lot with leather working.

First of all my question is do minor components remain in game or do they become data in game because if that does anything to the server why not turn rivets from being a single item to plural, make the process for making them slightly longer but you make a handful of rivets instead of just 1.

Why I'm asking this is because for example if you make just Scale leather equipment which is Cuirass, Greaves, and Vambraces you're needing 29 rivets just for three pieces of armor. Now, to look over at Ridgeleather, You need rivets in everything besides gauntlets, which equals 41 rivets in total. A metalworkers would have to sit in the forge metal casting for quite a while for what would be less time the leatherworker needs to make the armor itself. I think the biggest riln sink or even time sink I do with leatherworking is spending all of my time in the forge or paying someone their time to sit in the forge casting rivets all day that I'm going to eat in probably an hour or two. Granted I could say the same about buttons as well since a Longcoat requires ten buttons. Maybe two handfuls of buttons could change that. I'm not wanting to make it easier for leatherworking but trying to help with the process if able. If it does nothing to the server when coming to minor components then that's fine!
-NotRias