Scales are all the rage

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Avedri

Scales are all the rage

Post by Avedri »

It seems for a variety of reasons wrym scales appear to be very in fashion right now. It would be fantastic if a talented merchant were to show up and maybe offer a few recipes on how to further utilize these ultra cool skins. Not sure what the thought about limited recipes are but I know that there are limited merchant-driven resources (such as animals) so I thought this wouldn’t be too far fetched.

Here are some ideas:

Using scales in heavier armors
Using scales as ornaments on garments
- collar trim, ornamental pauldrons, framing an open-back dress, down the spine of a gown, forming the sleeve on a tunic
Using scales to craft ornament leather products
- shoes, boots, wallets, belts, handbags, hats

Also would be cool if they had a limited stock of other color scales assuming such creatures exist.

Thanks!
Papillion

Re: Scales are all the rage

Post by Papillion »

I would love if you could make a set of scale armor. Like, a fuller set. Currently, you can only do the cuirass, vambraces, and greaves.
I would love to be able to do like. A helmet and boots, at least. Maybe gloves or a gorget with one scale.

But I like this idea!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

All aboard the scales fashion train! Specific suggestions (like those that have already been given thus far, thank you!) always help speed things along, so if anyone else has ideas, post them here. I'm happy to add more applications for scales.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

What about a fixed price for scales on the market? Currently they require consignment.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Huh. Whoops. I'll fix that while I'm at it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO