Burn Object or Put Object in Stove/Fire

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Onasaki

Burn Object or Put Object in Stove/Fire

Post by Onasaki »

So, I have an object that I don't know how to get rid of and there are no trashcans nearby. However, there was a stove! I was sadly disappointed when I found out I couldn't just shove it in a stove to burn all my problems away.

So I'd like to suggest the ability to burn stuff! It would always require a flame, of some sort, probably campfires, stoves. Not torches or candles, unless you can divide that up by size somehow. I dunno. I just thought this might find a use.

It'd function simply as either "burn object" or "put object into <fire>" or "burn object with <fire>" or whatever.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
nobody

Re: Burn Object or Put Object in Stove/Fire

Post by nobody »

For the class of objects that can be burned, the current syntax is light <object>. Not everything can be burned that way, but some stuff can. I agree that it would be cool to be able to put wooden objects in campfires to dispose of them though. Cloth is a little more complicated, for example cotton would burn very quickly but wool is self-extinguishing, you have to try really hard to burn it.
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

nobody wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:45 am wool is self-extinguishing, you have to try really hard to burn it.
I had no idea wool was self-extinguishing. Is that a RL fact too?

Otherwise, this is good info. Thanks! I agree that wood stuff should be burnable in things, yes, at the very least.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
nobody

Post by nobody »

It is only a RL fact, wool isn't self-extinguishing in game insofar as I know.