Unsheath

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
ocayucos

Unsheath

Post by ocayucos »

I love the sheath command! I know it's kind of lazy, but could we also get an UNSHEATH command to draw our default weapon? It's faster than typing GET SWORD or whatever, and it would ensure we get the right one if there are other matches.
Rias
DEV

Re: Unsheath

Post by Rias »

Boom:
sheath
You put your copper dagger in your leather dagger sheath.

unsheath
You retrieve a copper dagger from your leather dagger sheath.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

Will DRAW be an alias for unsheath? Please ignore if I'm misunderstanding the intent.

Arphaxad
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

DRAW is potentially multi-purpose, and was only used for drawing occult diagrams and such until now (through DRAW OCCULT, though that's temporarily disabled while I work on the system).

I've gone ahead and made it so DRAW WEAPON works the same as UNSHEATH. Hmmm. Should DRAW on its own trigger the unsheath mechanic?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

DRAW WEAPON should be fine considering all of the other potential 'draw' mechanics. If there are some back-end tweaks that make things better go for it! Otherwise, focus on high priority things.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Arphaxad
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

For our shield users out there: The GIRD command can be used to both retrieve the character's default weapon and, if wearing a shield, ready said shield in the other hand.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah yeah, I've gotten a number of giggling comments about the GIRD command. I coypcatted it from another game I played where it served the same function, so if anyone has a better idea for a word to use other than "gird," let it be known.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

Thank you! For gird, maybe arm or arms?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

These commands now search for any suitable weapon in your inventory if you don't have a default weapon set, instead of just telling you that you have no default weapon set.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO