Duration Items and Shelving

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Irylia

Duration Items and Shelving

Post by Irylia »

This is probably super low priority, but I was thinking it might be neat if shelved characters basically pause and anything "theirs" with a duration pauses too. I realize this may not be super realistic, but sometimes characters that get shelved are low-level or may not have the funds to waste on things like food going bad - especially if they just bought some and then the player decides to swap to test out some new feature or a different playstyle. I know, I know - alts are bad... but I feel like being able to not worry about things like wasting riln on food your character won't get to use before it expires is an nice QOL type of update.
nobody

Re: Duration Items and Shelving

Post by nobody »

I've done my best (at least recently) to remember to drop by the market and sell off all my food before I shelve. It means I don't have to worry about it going bad and I get a little riln back that it's nice to have on hand. Pausing room rent might be nice though.
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

Yeah, I personally don't even always login to the character before shelving it and then when I unshelve it later I'm like awww... I get that it's easy enough to do tasks to get food back, but it's still a bit disappointing, especially if you had logged out in the middle of nowhere.

Rent or other non-refundables would be a nice addition to this. Agreed.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

The only issue that I can see with this would be quivering bowstrings, which this would take out of circulation when shelving.
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.