Sunburn

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Bonehead

Sunburn

Post by Bonehead »

So, I had an idea. Why not have sunburn as an effect one can suffer from in high temperature areas in sunny weather, kinda like frostbite?

Just a thought.
Wut?
Dennis

Re: Sunburn

Post by Dennis »

To steal a quote from nobody, heatstroke would be nice to convince people to dress down from eternal winter clothes, too!
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
nobody

Post by nobody »

I would change my clothing to avoid heatstroke, even if I don't love the idea. I do love sunburn though, because skin exposure and sun exposure mechanics are both already extant. Probably the druidfolk should be immune when they're doing their occult shenanigans, but otherwise a nice slow burn effect would be good fun.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I'm more behind heatstroke than sunburn since sunburn would just encourage people to remain full covered (probably in warm winter clothes) at all times to prevent it. If you want to create a scenario where people dress to the weather, I'm not sure sunburn is the direction to go.
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.