Merchant request: heliciculture

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
nobody

Merchant request: heliciculture

Post by nobody »

Fun idea for your next rare animals merchant, set up heliciculture as an animal husbandry trade. Maybe sell the stone "enclosures" to go with it - old school was basically a slab of stone with a snail moat carved into it, Romans supposedly filled these with wine (the snails could drink for hydration and nutrients but not cross), but they could also be moated in with water and fed plant stuffs (or meat stuff for carnivorous or omnivorous snails, it is my understanding that most carnivorous snails are ocean dwelling and eat mollusks but this is the Lost Lands, go weird with it). I don't know if their area would need to be cleaned (probably), but they'd definitely need to be fed often and keep their moats filled or they escape and then wreck farm crops. Have them periodically produce snail eggs that could be sold or hatched. Add a fried snail recipe to cooking, and it'd be all set.
Navi

Re: Merchant request: heliciculture

Post by Navi »

I totally want one of these for real now.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Rias
DEV

Re: Merchant request: heliciculture

Post by Rias »

I've always been fascinated by snails, so there's a decent chance something like this could be in the game.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO