Tracking - seeing most recent prints

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Dennis

Tracking - seeing most recent prints

Post by Dennis »

Perhaps it would be a good Quality of Life change for trackers if, given they had the necessary skill, had the ability to toggle on/off an active tracking system. For example, if tracking allowed you to see the most recent tracks created and their direction passively as you enter a room, rather than having to reup the command and RT each room.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Irylia

Re: Tracking - seeing most recent prints

Post by Irylia »

Yes please. Or something similar. Or even just the set you're actively tracking. Or even just a passive "it seems there are fresh tracks in the area" to let people know someone or something recently wandered by. Or all of the above.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'd still want to have roundtime and skill checks required. I don't know. I feel like tracking while on the go would be more difficult than stopping and actively tracking in a specific location. Making a passive check on movement makes it significantly easier than active use of the command. Hrrrrm. I could see a skill check on movement to possibly notice the presence of very recent tracks, but there would still need to be an active use of the TRACK command to get any specific details.

I will say there are plans to try and auto-follow a specific set of tracks once you've found them. With chances to lose the trail and having to re-find the tracks, or accidentally taking the wrong branch when multiple sets of tracks diverge.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Thanks for taking it into consideration. Yeah, I did try to avoid encompassing all the knowledge an active search for tracks would cover and only point out the most recent. Maybe too many tracks in different directions will throw off the passive check as well.

As far as the described plans go, I like those plans!
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."