watch mechanics

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
nobody

watch mechanics

Post by nobody »

I wanted to report on the watch mechanics because I'm not sure it's functioning as intended. Every time I've used `watch <person>` it watches for a very short amount of time and then reports "Whoever you were watching appears to be gone."

I decided to get some more data on that, so I watched the NPCs Jaclyn (minimum 1.9 seconds, max 5.8 seconds, most observations were around 4.7-4.9 seconds) and Molly (minimum 1.9, maximum 6.0, most observations around 4.8-4.9 seconds) a hundred times each. Based on my guesses about those people, I assumed they have similar perception (maybe higher for Molly), and significantly better stealth and artifice for Molly (I could easily be wrong on those assumptions), my own skills at the time of the data gathering were 275 perception / 0 stealth / 0 artifice. Is this using a similar mechanic to dropping channels? I feel like this should last longer to be useful, however I don't know the design intentions and wanted to mention this with more details than a short bug report.
Rias
DEV

Re: watch mechanics

Post by Rias »

Just a bug, I'll get it fixed.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO