Random Ideas

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

Random Ideas

Post by Karjus »

1) Allow certain tasks to be picked up in other places, such as Long Distance Delivery/Local Delivery but have the same tasks share a global cooldown. IE, no doing a LDD from Shadgard and then immediately picking up another.

2) Scout the Pass: A task given by various places to scout a nearby pass that sees traffic go through. For example, from Shadgard they might be tasked to scout the South Balkr Pass or the Abandoned Canyon Village. They have to journey there, and search/scout a few rooms for obvious obstructions/danger. Could maybe have debris on the path that the player has to clear, or possible a mob spawn based on the players combat skills that they have to defeat. A brigand or such.

3) Tasks centered around Blackwater Camp, helping the loggers there. Could be basic stuff that don't require any skill such as fetching water from the river, to stuff requiring Woodcutting/Woodworking. Could be going to a site to help a crew working at some trees, to finding perhaps specific lumber in the nearby woods.

4) Same for Emberlight, which could be perhaps working the road through the nearby area and ensuring it's clear of debris, or perhaps working on repair/construction work which utilizes Woodworking/Carpentry/Masonry, as the place has suffered huge damage and will always likely have room for construction work there.

5) Rumors in taverns and such, which almost act as a lore point. Listen to the local gossip, and cross-reference at the Library to find out if there is any truth in the matter an dig deeper into it. Could be a chance you just get a dud rumour with no fact behind it. Storytelling might give a bonus to finding the real ones.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
nobody

Re: Random Ideas

Post by nobody »

I love the scouting tasks, I could see those getting handed out at stormholdt for anywhere, and shadgard having some to scout the roads nearby (maybe give that task at the barracks).
Karjus wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:12 am 3) Tasks centered around Blackwater Camp, helping the loggers there. Could be basic stuff that don't require any skill such as fetching water from the river, to stuff requiring Woodcutting/Woodworking. Could be going to a site to help a crew working at some trees, to finding perhaps specific lumber in the nearby woods.
I could imagine some of the blackwater camp tasks being to either (1) repair tools or (2) take the tools to town (Shadgard/Notshadgard) to the smith to have them repaired.