What little additions or updates do you want?

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
ThresherAle

Re: What little additions or updates do you want?

Post by ThresherAle »

Musical instruments. They don't need to do anything special, I just need me a guitar or banjo to play while I sing. A harmonica or jaw-harp to carry around in my pocket would be nice, too.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

TIP HAT command, with variations.

TIP HAT: You tip your hat.
TIP HAT DOFF: You grip the brim of your hat between two fingers and doff it with a nod.
TIP HAT BRIEF: You grip the brim of your hat between two fingers as you give a brief nod.
TIP HAT BRUSH: You brush your index finger along the bottom of your hat's brim in the most casual of hat tips.
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Navi

Post by Navi »

+1 to hat tipping. I find myself trying to do it and die a little inside when it fails. :(
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

We need an over the top obnoxious hat tip as well.
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

It would be cool if threshing and winnowing let me thresh items inside containers and it put the items generated back into the same container.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

A letter or announcement to the character whose farmland has expired indicating that they will need to pay rent to get their land back. I had a mini heart attack when I didn't realize my farm timer ran out and lost access to all my stuff!
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Rilulth wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:38 pm We need an over the top obnoxious hat tip as well.
TIP HAT FANCY: You tip your hat, then flip it expertly into the air, performing multiple back-handsprings and striking a pose, having it land perfectly atop your head before following up with a flourishing bow, swishing the dual-feathers in your hat seductively.
Heron

Post by Heron »

For the help files:

There's no mention of how to interact with duplicates in help inventory. This is easy to figure out for people who have mudded before, but worth mentioning nonetheless. It could use something like this:

A character's inventory refers to items they are holding or wearing. The inventory command can be
used to see a character's held and worn items. inventory list can be used to specifically return a
line-broken list rather than comma-separated, and inventory full can be used to include contained
items within open containers. Duplicate items can be interacted with by adding a number:
'Look 2 pickaxe' and 'look pickaxe 2' will both look at the second pickaxe if one is available.

Rather than a nebulous inventory stored in vague hammerspace, items must be stored in containers,
such as a backpack, satchel, pouch, etc. Such items can be worn with the wear command.

Useful inventory management commands include: ...
Navi

Post by Navi »

Hello! So after some really awesome RP today, I had a couple suggestions.
Opening a bartab with the various establishments would be amazing! Either a way to pay for things directly from your bank account, or just having a set debt you can dip into to purchase food, drink and mugs and the like when you are there, rather than having to run out and grabbing riln. It could work like the infirmary does with injuries, with a cutoff at maybe 1000 riln or something.
A post office service for company leaders to be able to have a single draft of a letter to be copied and sent out to all of the members of your company, maybe some checks to make sure you have everybody’s mailboxes aliased or something, but seems reasonable to expect a company founder to know how to contact their members via mail.
Company ESP atunements. Just a way for people to temporarily tune to a specific channel to keep in touch during a joint venture rather than cluttering the general ESP channel. Could be for a limited time, or be removed once you tune back to gray.
Oh right, more drinks in the Hearth and Home please!

I think that’s all of them. Thanks!
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

Navi wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:53 pm Oh right, more drinks in the Hearth and Home please!
Especially this one.