What little additions or updates do you want?

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
nobody

Re: What little additions or updates do you want?

Post by nobody »

In the voice chat yesterday I mentioned some more variety in books to write in would be a nice to have from a merchant event, and it occurred to me that it'd also be a great leatherworking recipe. A medium hide, 500 ish sheets of parchment or paper from the post office or library, 2 skeins of thread, maybe some rivets to be extra sturdy or a buckle to make them proper travel books.

Edit: I forgot that journals sell for 500, so probably 50 sheets would be a better upper bound on the required materials.
Heron

Post by Heron »

Some accessibility options would be nice to have:

* A replay command that replays the last 10 or so messages/emotes your character saw IC, with arguments for chat or pendants or whatever as well.
* An option that prepends a message to all IC messages like [EMOTE], kind of like how we have [ESP-Gray] or [#GAME].

The first one helps you see what you missed in the event of combat scroll or faulty connections, and...

The second one is a great deal of help for scripts. For example, I have a chatbox but I have to scan for:
says, "
You say in
You ask in
You exclaim in (These are for alternate language occasions)
asks, "
says (muffled
you say, "

And so on. I can't pick up emotes. If someone feels like being fancy and does a $yell, I can't pick that up either. Gathering all emotes and says under an umbrella prefix or two would be a very welcome change for accessibility. I think it'd help script-savvy VI players as well-- I've certainly known a few who loved this feature.
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

Chestnuts. I can find chestnut trees, but no chestnuts! I'm so sad.

I wouldn't mind a proper pet store either, for like, domestic pets that aren't livestock, or soul contracts with the devil.

Head Bandanas. I've seen face bandanas, but why not head bandanas (they could exist, and just not wide spread though)

Tricornes, Porkpies, newsboys and Bowler hats, people. There's a steampunk country out there! I'd even spin for a trilby. Lol.

Tobacco. Tobacco Pipes. Smokable stuff, just in general.

Shoe Gators. Otherwise known as spats? Basically they were fancy shoe/boot coverings. Again, steampunk element, need to cover that 19th century fashion! Suspenders too.

More jewelry, or at least modifiable rings that can be made to be worn on the ears. Maybe a few basic necklaces.

BEARDS/Cosmetic items to change hair style/color with dyes, and stuff.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

More knappable lithics! They might already be out in the world (and maybe I just haven't found them), but having other options just for aesthetic reasons (or even aesthetically different flints, cherts, quartzes etc.) to knap would be nice.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

1) The ability to use the mail alias like the naming system. I currently for example, tend to name people "Name (ESP Color)" and filter out whatever I don't know. With the mail alias system, it has to be one word so I tend to use color. Would just be neat to be able to use it in a similar fashion.

2) I've mentioned before the lack of armor progression, and the fact that heavy armor as Ridgeleather may be too powerful. We've leathers - > scales, can we not do something similar in the immediate with brigandine/ridgeleather, as I know putting in the systems for full blown metal armor is going to take a bit. Ridgeleather with scales attached, or and a medium variation between? You could downtweak the original armors a little (especially ridgeleather) and actually build in a bit more progression.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

I'm surprised I forgot this in my other post.

Goggles. Though if they exist, I haven't seen a recipe for them yet. Though, goggles are a staple of Steampunk worlds. If they're ever added they should be wearable on the head, eyes, and neck, not just eyes.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

There are currently a couple of labeled stakes that mark off certain areas/trails and give them names. People have used dropped items in stealth so they don't despawn. Could we get a mechanical way to do this that leaves them out in the open, even if the item in question will eventually despawn and needs upkeep to ensure it stays in the world?

Might make people not look at Black like he is mad if he remarks about the Blueberry trail
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Can we please have "Balance penalties" applied where Energy is, just to make it quick and easy to read. Below are 3 different types of action during combat, and the effects are all over. Balance before the ability roll/description, energy below, and wounds below.
[Balance -50]
A shaggy gray greater wechuge pounces at you, claws bared! Off(dXYZ):XYZ vs Def(dXYZ):XYZ = XYZ (27%)

20 rake damage (26%) (head, helmet)
You remain standing!
A shaggy gray greater wechuge rakes at you with its icy claws! Melee(dXYZ):XYZ vs Parry(dXYZ(-3x)):XYZ = XYZ (50%)
5 rake damage (22%) (chest, breastplate)
5 cold damage (31%) (chest, breastplate)
You swing at a shaggy gray greater wechuge with your steel glaive! Melee(dXYZ):XYZ vs Dodge(dXYZ(-5x)):XYZ = XYZ (88%)
92 pierce damage (80%) (chest)
(energy -7)
Roundtime: 6 seconds.
- Karjus

ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

For non huge crabs when butchering, can we please butcher "some crab legs" in one move instead of taking forever butchering every crab leg individually? The exception could be huge ones like goliath crabs.

And speaking of goliath crabs, please add goliath crabs back to the sea caves! I loved those things.

And coral lizards back to the coastal forest.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Canteen recipe for metalworkers
If a mount is in RT and unable to move/act, have the rider show in travel time on the prompt, or have the RT show in the prompt.
- Karjus