What little additions or updates do you want?

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Agelity

Re: What little additions or updates do you want?

Post by Agelity »

nobody wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:26 pm Crafting:
Modify transfer to utilize 'put' based code so that it allows for moving of hot items in bulk when one has tongs.
I knew I was forgetting something. This, so much this. Makes for some awkward maneuvering with individual ingots and such when they end up needing to be targeted due to the current smithing process (will need to do a longer write up on that later, not difficult to work around just a little awkward at times).
alila

Post by alila »

Hi!

My selfishly motivated request is more lore articles, please?
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

Getting threshing and winnowing to auto-repeat.
Making sure all clothing items/types have a warmth rating (it seems like work gloves don't at least, even if made from fur).
Making sure all store-bought items/food/drinks have sale prices.
Adding drinking containers to places that sell drinks.
Adding a bowstring material that doesn't take ages to make by needing cordage and/or making cordage a little less time-consuming or use slightly fewer materials.
Adding some kind of non-farm-grown, low-spoil-rate rabbit food alternative. Could probably just rename chicken feed and make it edible for rabbits. Even if it's super high priced, I'd buy it just to not have to worry about farming food for them or having others do it.
On that note - bringing back the special livestock merchant or adding new livestock options. Or just generally having some kind of temporary merchant show up as it's been a while.
Some kind of option to auto-craft specific quantities of items that don't require multiple steps (like woodworking components where you just carve what's in front of you). Sample syntax: carve large branch make pole qty 10, spin thread qty 20, weave cloth qty 5. The base command would still act as normal with auto-repeating for weaving and single-items for other crafts.
I upvote hoods from previous suggestions. Plz give us hoods. And pockets.

And like Alila said - lore :)
Umbra

Post by Umbra »

A larger variety of abilities for each class and specialization, would be happy to suggest some.

Critical hit instant death, not really necessary when you have weapons that can deal more damage than the amount of health you can have, basically defeats the purpose of constitution, armor, and I have died before to 40 damage to the abdomen from 120 health, I would suggest a critical hit special effect like the hit to the abdomen could have been "Internal Bleeding" losing 10 stamina each second not including other wounds, bandaging won't stop the internal bleeding, have to see a Physicker so still likely going to die just not instantly. For limbs they could be disabled. Chest and back could be collapsed lung reducing your current and max stamina by 1/2. Head could be a concussion causing you to be unable to exceed 0 balance until healed by physicker. Neck could be suffocating, stamina depleting quickly and staggeted/stunned. Eyes could be instant death.(and if indomitable or anything like it becomes a thing could be resist critical effect)

Tasks for warriors other than cleaning a stables, perhaps a cull certain amount of infested or nethrem tasks but really anything would do. And perhaps be able to get them from Shadgard and Notshadgard if you dont plan on putting trainers there, it's just so empty.

Weight of fish dont really compare to well with the difficulty of the roll plus fishing in general is kinda confusing on how you succeed, I've made a roll of like a 7 vs 3 on first attempt to catch it and have won but also can go on for a while of "winning"

Glitches like guard working correctly against ranged attacks and shield charge actually charging.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Umbra wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pm Critical hit instant death ...
You may have missed my remarks on the thread you started on this subject here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=681#p2412 Feel free to discuss further there in that thread.
Umbra wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pmGlitches like guard working correctly against ranged attacks and shield charge actually charging.
You may have missed the announcements that these were both fixed in the changelog and on your thread bringing them up here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=678#p2413
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Umbra

Post by Umbra »

Thanks Rias, sorry I didn't notice those
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

I'd like the ability to set the number of columns for your Names list, from 1-3.

I'd like disguised PCs to be separated from the NPCs list.

I'd like it to be alphabetically ordered.

I'd like to be able to rename someone off your known list without them being in the room.

And the cat at Stormholdt to have a pancake on his face.

...oh and hammer Stakes out in the wild, but also let them be dug up/get damaged with time. I love that "Blueberry Trail" one and made me start my own. But as they're hidden, I imagine most will never know about them.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

New recipes for blacksmiths to make tool parts that aren't currently available to be crafted. I think some are hoes, trowels, sewing scissors (if different from shears) etc. They can currently be bought, but only in copper. There might also be others that I'm forgetting.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Irylia wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:13 am New recipes for blacksmiths to make tool parts that aren't currently available to be crafted. I think some are hoes, trowels, sewing scissors (if different from shears) etc. They can currently be bought, but only in copper. There might also be others that I'm forgetting.
Hoe-heads are already a metalworking recipe, trowels and scissors are not.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Some sort of slight mechanical advantage added to those octum glyph cloaks or at least confirmation that they're just cool looking and intended to be so. They still keep me awake at night wondering...

Oilcloth dusters from elric's preventing drenching or being lighter than wool/leather (warmth:price ratio is currently unfavorable). Oilcloth being available for tailoring (if its not already)?

Square-bladed stilettos (and shrimp).

Overpriced dyes of all colors sold at dyers cottage (2500-5000 riln a dye?). It's way cheaper to buy from the market...

Rare treasures dropped in the treasure system besides quivering bowstrings and balls.
You reach toward ((DEV Rias)) ... Pull(d225([1]x)):214 vs Mark(d1100):714 = -500 (-222%)
You notice ((DEV Rias)) glance your way, causing you to quickly withdraw your hand from his wool
drawstring pouch (open).
Roundtime: 5 seconds.