Make morale bathing require downtime

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Ephemeralis

Make morale bathing require downtime

Post by Ephemeralis »

It bugs me a little bit that you can get a stonking +2 morale boost from ducking into the bathhouse for like 20 seconds. Half the enjoyment of bathing likely comes from getting to stew in hot, scented water after a rigorous day (or night) working in the Lost Lands.

The increased morale for soap bathing should come in ticks - maybe every 3 or 5 bucket drips gets you a +0.25 morale increase up to a maximum of +2. In addition, changing out of your clothes to start bathing should also give you the option to keep your ESP necklace attached if it isn't concealed, so you can chat up over the network if the baths are empty.

I know this reduces the convenience of the buff a little bit, but it fits very well as a 'downtime' activity to go and have a long soak while waiting for your bucket to drip. Just my thoughts, anyway.
shoryuujo

Re: Make morale bathing require downtime

Post by shoryuujo »

I agree with Ephemeralis here. Convenient it is, but it could provide more relaxed/social RP opportunities and it's less jarring if it's gained over time than a quick dart in, strip, clean, out.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

I really wouldn't be opposed myself. Though, if you're doing this, why not with sit-down food as well that gives morale bonuses?
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Karjus wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:08 am I really wouldn't be opposed myself. Though, if you're doing this, why not with sit-down food as well that gives morale bonuses?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/04caab7 ... d=14412473
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Jaster wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:50 am
Karjus wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:08 am I really wouldn't be opposed myself. Though, if you're doing this, why not with sit-down food as well that gives morale bonuses?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/04caab7 ... d=14412473
Yes. Exactly. I want a private room to bath in pea soup.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."