Animal Refuse

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
nobody

Re: Animal Refuse

Post by nobody »

As far as uses for feathers suggestions: feathers, shells, and beads (made from clay or made from sea glass) would all be nice ornamentation options for tailored / leatherworked clothing and bags.
Irylia

Re: Animal Refuse

Post by Irylia »

Going to try and bring this back on topic - I really love the way the new gradual system is working so far, however, a full-capacity shelter still seems to produce waste just a little too quickly. I think the cycle should allow for at least 12 hours between cleanings before it gets to extremely filthy. That's still twice a day cleanings, but allows people some leeway and overnight freedom. I don't have many large animals to have tested this with, but with my small animals it seems like I wasn't able to go "overnight" without hitting extremely filthy. At 9 hours with two full small animal sheds, one is extremely filthy and the other is moderately filthy, meanwhile my hutch and coop (both at half capacity) aren't even slightly filthy. I'm also still not clear on if production stops when only one hits extremely or if both have to be at full-filth levels.

Here's a list of some ideas that were floated around and have not yet been implemented and which might help wrap this topic up:
- Evenly distribute animals among shelters so that poop goes equally across all instead of filling one more than the other.
- Decrease poop drop rates for sheep/goats or even out animal refuse rates so that shelters only get to extremely filthy twice a day max (about 12 hours to get full capacity if a shelter is fully occupied). With the new gradual increase this would give people a lot more freedom to keep their shelters "topped-off" on cleanliness and then be able to go do things offline or in-game.
- Add fertilizer for use with plants and to make mushroom farms/compost heaps (I realize you still need more persuasion on this one).

I'd also like to propose that ideas for other tasks/suggestions unrelated to this topic get consolidated into other, more on-topic threads at this point. If for no other reason than to stop bringing up poop unless we're actually discussing that. I'll go ahead and grab all the ideas from this thread and put them where they belong so it's nice and organized.