Some Druidly Inspired Requests

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
alila

Some Druidly Inspired Requests

Post by alila »

Hi,

These are three hopefully small requests primarily inspired by certain tattoos, but maybe useful for other players for other reasons:

Firstly, would it be possible to have a command to view which limbs are exposed or covered, or maybe what they are covered--or not covered with? Ironcross suggested to use the wash command, but it requires water nearby and seems a little unintuitive? There is also armor and warmth, but maybe not all apparel is warm or armor? Tangentially, should it be possible to wash using adjacent river or lake tiles in the wilderness?

Secondly, maybe the possibility for tailors to sew upper body garments with shorter sleeves that might leave the forearms exposed? Someone suggested a vest would not cover the arm locations, but that feels imperfect and a little bit meta-gamy, improperly and solely wearing a vest for the tattoo effects. Maybe the ability to roll up the sleeves of some clothing, if someone is feeling particularly fancy about tiny mechanical details.

Lastly, could a way to look at the sky, or have the approximate time of day listed along with the weather conditions or weather command be considered, please?
Something along the lines of "(OutUrDt) morning, Warm, Mostly Cloudy, Slight Breeze"
or
It is morning.
Temperature: Mild
Wind: Slight Breeze
Weather: Mostly Cloudy

Sorry for being so needy! Hopefully some of these ideas seem reasonable, and if not, thank you for taking time to look over them, regardless.

Thank you,
-Alila
Rias
DEV

Re: Some Druidly Inspired Requests

Post by Rias »

It's possible to LOOK SKY again (didn't realize I broke that with some code restructuring), though that's primarily to see constellations at night. I've added the general time of day to the room look, as well as the output of the TIME and WEATHER commands.

The WARMTH command will show "None" for any body locations that aren't covered. It was simple to do, so I've added the EXPOSURE command to list only exposed skin locations.

The short sleeves thing is being a little more complicated than I expected. I was hoping to clean sweep all your requests with one post, but alas. Still working on it though, so expect it to be done soon!

Good request post. Look at all the stuff you caused to get done.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
alila

Re: Some Druidly Inspired Requests

Post by alila »

And look at all the stuff you've done!

Thank you so much!