Mining

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
ironcross

Mining

Post by ironcross »

The TL;DR version of this is that I would like to be able to pull more iron out of the mine per trip.

Mining is a singular point of frustration for me at the moment. I would like to have a reasonable supply of iron on hand at all time (about five huge blooms) so that I can take on small to medium orders in a timely manner. I do not expect to always have enough on hand to do any project, no matter the size.

The crux of the issue is going into the mine and hitting nothing but barren limestone no matter where I go. Finding ore seems to be rare; and while I don't have my mining skill to cap, I can't say I've noticed a real improvement as I've increased the skill. I understand that we can't just go into the mine and have minerals at our beckon call like beer on tap; however, I'm proposing a middle ground that would not allow the mine to deplete so fast (if that is even what is happening) and allow for more ore to be collected.

As there are a few smiths in need of ore, and it's tough to come by, this will only get worse. I don't see any on the market whenever I look either. If someone decides they want to make it as a miner, this could be a stumbling block for them, as they would be hard-pressed to keep up with the demand if smiths decide to buy their ore rather than go and pull it out of the ground themselves.
Rias
DEV

Re: Mining

Post by Rias »

The frequency of ores is partially up to chance, but also depends on where the mining is done. I've got a deeper area of the iron mines planned that has more ore, but also some additional hazards.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO