Dodge Training

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Irylia

Dodge Training

Post by Irylia »

It seems like dodge practice gains go up far slower than other martial skills. I assume this is for several reasons:

1) Parry/Block/Dodge each have a chance of success on a single attack so the chances of getting a dodge are lower than just attacking which is 100% of the time. Even if you don't use a shield, there's still parry. (I don't really want to be the person that lets aggressive mobs swing at me while I twiddle my thumbs with no weapon and/or shield out).
2) Tumble may not be adding dodge practice, or as much dodge practice, as a "real" dodge. Since it procs frequently, this slows down progress.
3) There's no way to set a tactic so you focus only on dodging (over block or parry).

To align this skill with others and allow a character to progress things on a similar pace, would it be possible to make some changes to how much practice you get from a successful dodge, to re-evaluate tumble, or to add a way to focus on dodge over other defensive measures?

Thanks!
Irylia

Re: Dodge Training

Post by Irylia »

To clarify - I'm not asking for a CLOK version of tactics that increases the roll value, just the focus.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Both Dodge and Block actually get some practice on any attack that's dodgeable or blockable (respectively), regardless of whether that specific defense is used, so there shouldn't be any need to set yourself up to only try to dodge and not parry or block. I think I'd rather have defense increase faster than offense rather than slower, though, so I've increased their practice rates.

I also added dodge practice gains to Tumble dodges.

Happy dodging!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Irylia

Post by Irylia »

That's great! Thank you for the quick implementation :)