more tasks in and around town

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
jescat

more tasks in and around town

Post by jescat »

I am opening this up for discussion, because I haven't had much luck in coming up with tasks on my own. I have tons of ideas for what you could do for most of the rooms in town, but I am looking for feedback and additional suggestions. Here are a few ideas to get us started.
1. Cleaning tables in the inn common room.
2. Stirring dye vats, which could be a skill task for whatever skill will allow us to make dyes. This would also put more dyes on the market maybe, which we really need.
3. Spin thread that people can buy from the market. This is good for up and coming tailors or weavers that may not be able to buy wool, and for people who don't have the time to spin thread.
4. Cleaning the streets, because someone's got to do it right?
5. Some sort of apprentice blacksmith task, again probably skill based
6. Organized caravans that check to see what recipes you have, and tell you to make certain amount of everything you can.
7. Help organize reports at any of the administrative places in town. This could help with linguistics.
8. Some sort of task related to leather working.
9. A cooking task by which you supply the inn with different foods, skill based of course
10. Some sort of milling task.
Let me know what you guys think, and let's see if we can fill every room with awesome and interesting tasks!
A final thought. I think that it would be interesting if the task system affected things in the world, like if someone hasn't cleaned the stables recently it may have consequences that affect game play in some small way.
Thank you for reading.
Rias
DEV

Re: more tasks in and around town

Post by Rias »

These are some great ideas! I had crafting-based tasks generate for those with the right skills a while back, but there were some nitpicks with them that made me turn them off until they could be tweaked. I'd love to fill out the town task variety a bit more and cut down on the repetitiveness, and this will really help with that.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO