Familiar Heft

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Shaula

Familiar Heft

Post by Shaula »

Suggestion for an ability, Familiar Heft: Through your time using your tools day after day in your trade, you have gotten used to their heft and their balance, and can wield it in times of trouble in your defense. This would be used for miners, blacksmiths, masons, loggers, and other crafters that use weapon like tools to help them be ready when a fight breaks out. Apply some of your craft skill to combat, and lower some of the balance penalty to swinging your tools. For example when I run into koblynaus in Two Falls it would be nice to have a little more of a chance to handle that kind of thing with my pickaxe or forging hammer, without having to put skill in melee. It would still be worse than melee with real weapons, this would just be a little added convenience for minor situations.
Rias
DEV

Re: Familiar Heft

Post by Rias »

You actually already do get half your associated crafting skill when wielding that craft's tools, but that's only to offense. An ability to apply some to parry and lessen the terrible balance for swinging most crafting tools isn't a bad idea. I'll put it on the to-consider list and mull it over.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Shaula

Re: Familiar Heft

Post by Shaula »

That is great to know, thank you!