Hunting, Stealth, and Risk

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Lexx416

Hunting, Stealth, and Risk

Post by Lexx416 »

I have NO idea what's planned to be a consequence of risk, but as I'm out and about hunting critters, I was thinking a fun consequence of Risk, in regards specifically to the Hunt command, could be stumbling upon aggressive creatures. So, every successful use of the Hunt command could generate some risk. And when using the Hunt command WITH risk, there's a small chance (increasing with higher risk) that when you go to "HUNT <target>" when told you've nearly found your prey, you instead stumble upon something aggressive like a boar, or a hungry bear.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Wish

Re: Hunting, Stealth, and Risk

Post by Wish »

I love this idea myself. I'd probably leave the risk increases local so that you can decrease risk by moving locations.

Perhaps, to make it a bit safer for others, survey or something to that effect might give a blurb letting you know prior to hunting an idea on how safe it might be. This is to offer some guidance to others who might not be able to survive high risk encounters.

"You can see signs of many small animals about" - mostly safe.

"The area is dead silent" - not so safe.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

"To-do: Chance for hunters to accidentally stumble upon a legitimately threatening dangerous critter." Eeeexcellent!

And yeah, good idea to somehow make it specific to the hunter, so it doesn't rampage across the countryside and maul innocent uninvolved bystanders.

Mostly.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Additional suggestion to this - if you have a low tracking (sub 300 or 400 I would say), tracking an Elk should have a low chance of tracking down a Moose instead (since the tracks are so similar), with the chance increasing with general risk increasing as well as with how over hunted an area is for Elk.

Moose should be a probably considerably more dangerous variant of Elk that requires a good deal of skill to handle, but despawns if you don't bother it.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."