Overlap weaving/occult idea

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Wish

Overlap weaving/occult idea

Post by Wish »

So, to explain, this idea is suggesting that mastery in two different fields might lead to cooperation to make some interesting (but non-game breaking) things. And here's an example idea. Thanks to prism for being a sounding board.

An occult infused basket.

Idea: a master Weaver + a very advanced occultist work together, infusing magic into a basket which is fine-tuned to a pendant, sort of like a tether. When it's active, it shuffles along after the pendant wearer. It would need energy infusions from an occultist every x number of bells of activity.

It would fit places where a wagon can't go and hold things up to a medium size, like wool, fabric, plants, berries, pies etc. It can have the magic destroyed if the basket is attacked, and once the pattern is snuffed, the basket cannot be 'risen?' again- the steps have to be done from start to finish once more.

I think it would be neat to have cross over masteries. Something like this is far more effective for roleplay and minor convenience than anything else and yet it would add flavor, while also encouraging coordination between masteries of different paths.
Rias
DEV

Re: Overlap weaving/occult idea

Post by Rias »

I don't know how I feel about granting independent locomotion to inanimate objects (other than via sorcery), but I do have some plans for occult-enhanced textiles for use in tailoring and such.

Not that I'm against basket-witchery. Give me more ideas!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO