Seagrass applications for nereids

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Wish

Seagrass applications for nereids

Post by Wish »

From Wikipedia:
Historically, seagrasses were collected as fertilizer for sandy soil. This was an important use in the Aveiro Lagoon, Portugal, where the plants collected were known as moliço.

In the early 20th century, in France and, to a lesser extent, the Channel Islands, dried seagrasses were used as a mattress (paillasse) filling - such mattresses were in high demand by French forces during World War I. It was also used for bandages and other purposes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seagrass

The part I found interesting was the idea of it used as bandages. I also saw a brief mention of it under straw hats as being used.

The interesting part regarding bandages:

"In February 2017, researchers found that seagrass meadows may be able to remove various pathogens from seawater. On small islands without wastewater treatment facilities in central Indonesia, levels of pathogenic marine bacteria – such as Enterococcus – that affect humans, fishes and invertebrates were reduced by 50 percent when seagrass meadows were present, compared to paired sites without seagrass,[15] "

The idea that despite them being harder to gather and prepare, they could very well be more therapeutic in some manner. I just thought this could further the nereid movement.
Rias
DEV

Re: Seagrass applications for nereids

Post by Rias »

With a return to Porto D'esilio, I'm all for more stuff that utilizes oceanic resources. This sounds nifty! To-doed.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO