Waiting mortuary

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Wish

Waiting mortuary

Post by Wish »

So, I was watching Lore today, and I'm not sure if either of these things mesh with Cogg- But they're interesting, nonetheless.

Death wasn't a science way back when, so the fear of waking up in a coffin six feet below the ground- was a terrifying thought for both the not-so-deceased and their loved ones. So there were, at one point, 'waiting mortuaries' filled with flowers to try and disguise the scent of the area- where corpses would be left until putrefaction set in, incase they weren't quite dead yet.

Another bit of lore - The spirit at one point was referred to be the 'enemis' (although, I can't find the spelling or a reference for it for the life of me. So if someone else spots it, let me know.)

Anyway, not sure if it meshes, but- idea.
Jaster

Re: Waiting mortuary

Post by Jaster »

Perhaps "animas", not the psychology term described by Carl Jung, but the older definition of the word meaning "soul" or "life".
Wish

Post by Wish »

That very well could be it. Thank you!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Mistral Lake has one of these! I think they'll be fairly common in population centers, serving as areas to bring corpses as they await a possible resurrection (once those abilities are added). Seems to make sense for that.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO