New Combat Ability Suggestion: Grapple Stab

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Marcuson

New Combat Ability Suggestion: Grapple Stab

Post by Marcuson »

Grapple Stab

Classes: Rogue, Duelist, Marauder, Nightblade

When you are grappled while armed with a dagger, stiletto, or similar short, stabbing weapon, you will be prompted to quickly respond to the grapple by stabbing your opponent. You can perform this ability even while prone.

Bonus Effects

Marauder: "Unscrupulous Jab"
So long as you have a free hand and an applicable weapon in an appropriate sheath, you can bring the weapon to bear and stab your opponent during the grapple.

Nightblade: "Mercy Strike"
If the weapon can do so, it always causes an armor chink.
Gorth

Re: New Combat Ability Suggestion: Grapple Stab

Post by Gorth »

This is just thematically cool in general. The only thing I might change is to give it an extra reroll on the base ability. It should be a bad idea to get that close to a guy who really knows how to use his knife.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Lexx416

Re: New Combat Ability Suggestion: Grapple Stab

Post by Lexx416 »

Gorth wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:35 am This is just thematically cool in general. The only thing I might change is to give it an extra reroll on the base ability. It should be a bad idea to get that close to a guy who really knows how to use his knife.
3 of the 4 classes that would get this already get some pretty hefty bonus rerolls (depending on the situation), so I'm not sure something like this necessitates it.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."