Handling Butter

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Frisbee

Handling Butter

Post by Frisbee »

Over the months during which my character has done farming, I've come to notice that a recurring issue wiwth it is how much butter doesn't end up selling due to the market being flooded. I think this is not only an inconvenience for regular farmers who are trying to make an income, but also a discouragement to younger herdsmen who have dished out such a significant amount of money, just for their animals to end up producing something the market never needs. I've thought of a way to handle it differently, which could potentially reduce item bloat, as well as help with the flooding issue. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions, as always.

Let's say you pour enough milk into your butter churn that it is full. As soon as you begin churning, an item could be created, called "a tiny block of butter," or similar, which will be growing in size and will reach large when the entire contents of the churn have been turned into butter. I thought it could function similar to the honeycomb item, where the larger it is, the more it sells for. This is also more realistic - you never actually buy tiny cubes of butter to use, just one block of it. Whenever our cooking skill gets developped enough where butter can b used in recipes, there could be a little line when you examine the item, telling us how many uses it has left, similarly to soap.

That is all.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Gorth

Re: Handling Butter

Post by Gorth »

You're magical. I had actually just run into this issue when you posted it. I like this idea w hole lot more than what was there before.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.