Selecting Bucket for Draining While Logged into Either Active Character.

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Navi

Selecting Bucket for Draining While Logged into Either Active Character.

Post by Navi »

This is not an urgent matter, but one that I would like to be considered. I am not suggesting Rias drop everything or even for this to put at the top of the priority list. Merely for when it's convenient, and of course if it is deemed good and fit for implementation.

If we could select which of our character’s buckets we want to drain while we are logged into the server, regardless of which character is logged in, I think it would encourage RP. I am not the only one who gets an itching nag while my bucket is empty that causes me to be pulled away from it. I also sometimes just get burnt out on a character's RP, but perhaps my other character is at a place where I don't really need to level them any more, whether that be that they are level 100, or at a satisfactory place where I don't worry about their levels any more.

Simply put, the suggested system would allow the player to log into either of their characters while either one or the other’s buckets drain. If the player has character A and character B, then they could be logged into character A while character B’s bucket drains. However, this would prevent character A from gaining or processing experience. This is a more flexible system that maintains the current integrity of the existing structure. Since it doesn’t matter currently if you are in or out of a private room, or engaged in RP or not, this gives the player the choice to idle or RP on either character.

A few things to help balance this further, since it was discussed on Discord that if players want to level a character, then they should be logged into that character. Buckets of characters who are logged out would not drain with the aid of reflection therapy, RPAs, or any other modifiers such as when unlearning skills. An additional suggestion was to have the bucket process less efficiently for those characters who are logged out.

My reasoning is simple. This system maintains the current structure of 1 bucket 1 character. You just now have the option to RP on either of your characters, while either of their buckets drain. There was a concern for alt hopping, but given how this is set up, players who want to level two characters at a time are more encouraged to continue what they’re doing now, as the bucket drain on logged out characters is not impacted by reflection therapy, RPAs, and unskilling.

Thank you for your time and consideration. As always, feedback is encouraged.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again