Leave Nothing, Not Even Footprints

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Navi

Leave Nothing, Not Even Footprints

Post by Navi »

In general, I would like to have the ability to cover up my tracks in the wilderness. Since currently, it doesn't matter how much stealth you have, with 100 tracking, someone can pretty easily tell if someone is following them, or indeed follow them indefinitely if they choose to. Alternatively, have tracks left by stealthed individuals just be that much harder to track using the skill, thus giving players a reason to invest more when they might otherwise not. The ability would use sufficient stealth and tracking skill checks to cover the player's tracks. Whether or not tracks are left are not known to the player as they move unless they check for tracks themselves by double backing or some such, which could just end with them leaving tracks anyway as they move away. It could drain energy at an increased rate when traveling while active. The duration could be dependent on awareness with stealth and tracking providing duration via skill ranks. I think a maximum duration of five minutes is reasonable. It should probably be dismissed at will.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Lexx416

Re: Leave Nothing, Not Even Footprints

Post by Lexx416 »

I'm a fan of this. I think regardless, making it a contested roll (tracking + perception vs tracking + stealth) would be nice. If there was an ability designed to purposefully hide tracks (giving a bonus to the contested roll mentioned above), I'd suggest it both drains a little extra energy AND increases the travel time when moving, to account for being more careful and deliberate in movement.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Navi

Re: Leave Nothing, Not Even Footprints

Post by Navi »

Oops, I had meant to put increased travel time as well, but forgot to squeeze it in there.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again