Therapies- Accept Treatment

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Therapies- Accept Treatment

Post by Teri »

Sticking this here after discord discussion, but for rp and reasons of choice when given, it would be nice to have an accept treatment for therapies and words of encouragement. Sometimes, you want to run around insane and unhappy (part joke, part legit reasoning because getting hit with sanity treatment when wanting to suffer/rp word salad kinda impedes it.)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Serity

Re: Therapies- Accept Treatment

Post by Serity »

An option, default enabled, would probably be better in my opinion. I think that the vast majority of people will likely generally want to auto-accept therapies and words of confidence most of the time, since "I want to be unhappy, don't cheer me up" is generally the pretty rare exception.
rocode

Post by rocode »

The other thing to note is Therapy cooldowns. If a novice Physicker gives Reflection therapy, the base time is 1 hour, which would leave the unconsenting victim with 6 hours of dead time.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I don't think that the Bardic Words should operate on an automatic "denial" system tho - since they're occult effects, I'd prefer it if refusing it triggered a resistance roll (maybe with an overall lower check compared to the debuffs)

Otherwise yes, I'd prefer to be able to selectively approve things like therapy
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Bow before my Necromantic might. Might you? Please? It's mightily necessary. I'd make you but it wouldn't be nice. No, not nice. Never make minions negate needs. Which is my point.

I don't like people just being able to do therapy on you because it changes your stats in some cases without you being able to do anything about it. None of them ever make you experience negatives except for when they do:
  • Prematurely starting cooldowns you don't want going,
  • Word salad without having to do it yourself, which I just do myself in RP anyway. But I dunno, it's still annoying if I'm trying to do some sanity RP and someone just plops a therapy on me, especially without RP (see below).
  • Sometimes I want to have a constant source of XP going while RPing or sitting around or etcetera none of your business personal preferences and I just, don't want gosh darn heckin' Reflection Therapy right this moment. Or I'm not going to be getting XP for a while so it's just wasting.
I don't know therapy practices very well, for all my interest in Psychology, so I don't know how to make a purely statistical thing any more RP requiring, but as said above, people don't really RP therapy very often. Which is fine, I'm not saying we ought to force people to take ten minutes just to deliver therapy, but personally if someone doesn't want to at least do the tiniest bit of RP along with the thing, then I'm a lot less interested, mostly because it accelerates my XP drain and I usually don't like that anymore.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.