Holsters And Sheathes

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Holsters And Sheathes

Post by Teri »

Holsters and sheathes arguably tend to hold valuable things while also adding to the weight we carry. I personally don't tend to use either in the case of the additional weight, along with a backpack or pouch being more secure. The usual advice is closer bags and backpacks, which makes sense, but that narrows down theft targets to a sheath, maybe a scabbard. Carrying more random crap in a backpack while not using sheathes would fare better against theft, but for rp and realistic reasons many would likely like to wear the holsters and sheathes.
This post is a call for ideas, but I am pondering closing a sheath or holster makes it require more than a single steal attempt, or rerolls to the person being stolen from, while also adding roundtime to drawing or using the particular weapon. Or if not closed, require multiple attempts, rerolls or a particular percentage endroll for success.
I would also like to suggest shoulder, and thigh holsters, or a modifiable quality for holsters. I think it would be neat to have some concealed sheathes and holsters that possibly take more perception to notice to steal from.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Lexx416

Re: Holsters And Sheathes

Post by Lexx416 »

I'm overall a fan of this, and I'd love to see sheaths and holsters that can be secured (basically with a "security" or "safety" loop, made probably from leather, or thread) so that they're much more difficult to steal from, but also induce 3 RT when being DRAWN from (either with the correct commands, or when auto-drawing as you're being attacked).

Similarly, for concealed sheaths/holsters/containers either having to pass an additional Perception based check or giving you a reroll against that container being stolen from would be neat.

In either instance, you could have stealing from a concealed OR secured container induce a little extra RT and RIsk in the thief that steals from it (or maybe induce 1-2 seconds more travel time than RT time, to stop thieves from immediately bolting with a queued or stacked command).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Gorth

Re: Holsters And Sheathes

Post by Gorth »

...but also induce 3 RT when being DRAWN from (either with the correct commands, or when auto-drawing as you're being attacked).
I'm in favor of this with sheathes in general. I think making item getting/putting take RT is a bit much, but I would love it if I had to actually take time to sheathe and unsheathe weapons. I dislike that I can affectively command stack to switch weapons at a rate that is practically instant, leaving me never defenseless. Sheathing and unsheathing weapons are a task that takes attention, at least a little.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.