river/lake panning

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

river/lake panning

Post by Talyn »

I think this would be a pretty fun either skill or general activity for players to be able to purchase sifters from a general store (or other locations) to be able to go to locations like a riverside or lake to sift for metal, gems, shiny pebbles, shells, and/or lore items (potentially lore items like arrowheads or scroll casings that are waterlogged). Essentially it would be another version of beachcombing but for freshwater. It shouldn't be a reliable source of income or even acquire a lot of metal I just thought it would be a neat little thing to do in finding gems and such.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Lexx416

Re: river/lake panning

Post by Lexx416 »

Talyn wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:09 pm I think this would be a pretty fun either skill or general activity for players to be able to purchase sifters from a general store (or other locations) to be able to go to locations like a riverside or lake to sift for metal, gems, shiny pebbles, shells, and/or lore items (potentially lore items like arrowheads or scroll casings that are waterlogged). Essentially it would be another version of beachcombing but for freshwater. It shouldn't be a reliable source of income or even acquire a lot of metal I just thought it would be a neat little thing to do in finding gems and such.
As a rockhound, I love this idea. I probably wouldn't include metals or gems into panning however, because the way metallurgy works on the game is kind of simplified and seems to operate on the basis of "1 ore material = 1 lb of metal", and generally panned metal (like gold) is found in incredibly small amounts that the game might not be able to mechanically account for. I don't recall the size of gems off the top of my head either, but generally anything you find is going to be super, super tiny.

All fore finding just cool lil things that don't necessarily have a great amount of intrinsic monetary value though!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."