CvC Druidry: Vitality as Offense

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Marcuson

CvC Druidry: Vitality as Offense

Post by Marcuson »

I've been thinking for a while about CvC and druids. There may come times when druids oppose one another, for whatever reason, and I think it'd be interesting for them to be able to do battle in ways that go beyond ordinary combat. (I'm not a combat expert by any means, and this may just be a bad suggestion, but I thought I'd throw it out there nevertheless.)

What I have in mind is that the Vitality ability can be used offensively by druids to sap away energy from druids in the area. It already has this effect, of course, on plants, animals, and other druids, but I'm imagining that the energy drain for druidic PCs (and NPCs) would be changed from a flat amount to an opposition roll.

Skills applied to offense: 100% Druidry
Skills applied to defense: 100% Druidry, 50% Meditation

Attribute bonuses to offense: 25% Willpower, 10% Intuition
Attribute bonuses to defense: 25% Willpower, 10% Constitution

(With endrolls above 50%, causes stagger in addition to energy drain. Vitality still has only a flat drain on plants and animals.)

These numbers are just guesses based on existing abilities -- like I said, I'm not an expert -- but given that Primalists can reach 700 Druidry, yes, it does basically mean that, if you are a druid, enemy Primalists could drain away a sizeable chunk of your energy and potentially leave you staggered. That's one of the risks you take in opening yourself up to dangerous and unknown forces.