End game/Expeditions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

End game/Expeditions

Post by Talyn »

So, been talking with a few people and wondering about this myself, but a few things have crossed my mind when it comes to the end game. Please, keep in mind I know the game is always changing and that it's still very early in development! I've been around for a few years so I know! However, the thought that crossed my mind is what do you do once you reach level 100 and maxed skills. There is always RP, RP is what makes the game goes round, but grinding also keeps players hooked. So option 1. is that we could just retire the character and start a new one! (Not a fun idea). So I'm making this post as a sort of brain storming post for others who want to throw things out as well.

With that in mind, I know this idea has been brought up a few times by many but Expeditions would be a very awesome addition to the game. Sort of like an MMO raid to an extent. A basic idea would be perhaps a certain dead end location, that players set up to embark on an expedition. It would take up X amount of food, and supplies. It would be a hard combat zone much like Valeria (It doesn't need to give combat XP to those who have 700 melee but it would be nice). I know that Prism had some amazing ideas to branch off on this, but I think it would be neat if we could have a timer on these expeditions if completed so you couldn't repeat them every day. I'd suggest something like once a week or so. I'd also like to suggest on this topic if there was a chest in there that had a random loot table that could potentially drop some rare materials like Riversteel, bloodglass, and so on like a 0.01% chance for these but it would still be useful to have. I don't know or hope that everyone runs around with Riversteel but it would still be interesting to see, maybe even some coal or perhaps linen could be found in these chest. I understand thing won't be worked on immediately as there are other projects on the list first but I think this might help as a psuedo-end game material for those who have level 100 and waiting for societies. Who knows maybe someone else has an even more interesting end game idea.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias