Mail ideas/Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Mail ideas/Suggestions

Post by Teri »

My idea would be the ability to pay a sum to change your mailbox number in a set time period (something like 50k riln every 6 months or something.)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Pendulum

Re: Mail ideas/Suggestions

Post by Pendulum »

Teri wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:33 pm My idea would be the ability to pay a sum to change your mailbox number in a set time period (something like 50k riln every 6 months or something.)
What happens when someone sends something to this closed mailbox number, though? Or to any mailbox number that hasn't been assigned currently to any character ever? Does it just vanish? If someone acquires the number down the road randomly through character creation, do they also acquire whatever items were accidently sent to that number?
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
Teri

Post by Teri »

Pendulum wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:39 pm
Teri wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:33 pm My idea would be the ability to pay a sum to change your mailbox number in a set time period (something like 50k riln every 6 months or something.)
What happens when someone sends something to this closed mailbox number, though? Or to any mailbox number that hasn't been assigned currently to any character ever? Does it just vanish? If someone acquires the number down the road randomly through character creation, do they also acquire whatever items were accidently sent to that number?
Currently you can send mail to retired/shelved characters, so that would be plenty of the considerations to discuss. That would be a suggestion of a pause on mail to those characters, thinking on it. And the name being registered to the mail to avoid mixups in cases of changes.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

My suggestion would be to be able to customise signatures. So when you use the sign command, it would append whatever you've set your custom signature to your letter, instead of the standard 'X, mailbox #1234.'
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

Why do we need to change a random set of numbers that is attached to our character? That seems silly. Why would a random set of numbers need to be changed?

Unless someone can give a compelling reason as to why this mailbox number changing idea is useful (outside of y'know, hiding from people you hate, which personally I think is even worse), I don't see any reason to give us the option to change our mailbox numbers. The number literally means nothing, and is just a code set by the game to give you a mailbox.

There's also you know, just don't sign a letter with 'sign'. Use the ^ ^ to write a proper signature.

That being said, I'd really like it if we could get an alert when a COD has been paid. At the moment, you literally never find out until you walk into the post office and check. There's no "You should swing by the post office" message at all.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Navi

Post by Navi »

My phone number is a random set of numbers assigned to me randomly, similar to how mailbox numbers are assigned. Some folk may even have P.O.Boxes that they can pick up and drop on a whim. I'm sure there are more than a few people here who have had to change their number due to various situations. There's no doubt that some folk would use it to their advantage, some how, but as you said, it's a random set of numbers assigned randomly, with very little influence on the mechanics of the game. I don't think anyone is supporting this ability because they hate someone or someones.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again