Ability Suggestion: Iron Wall

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Howard

Ability Suggestion: Iron Wall

Post by Howard »

I have been playing, and enjoying, a guardian for a little while. In brainstorming possible new abilities, I was inspired by the recent Shameless Opportunist ability for Marauders. I don't know the back-end mechanics well enough to know whether, or to what degree, balance is already helping defenses. But I figured that giving Guardians a reason to increase balance (rather than shield bashing and shield charging) might increase their utility and diversity.

Information on Iron Wall:
Guardians know how to take, and hold, a position.
(OOC) The higher the user's balance is above 0, the better the Guardian's shield use, parry, and armor rerolls will be
Useage: passive
Prerequisite Abilities:
Tactics: guardian
Notes:
Perhaps there should be some attribute benefits here. I could see both strength and constitution being relevant.
I also wonder whether this ability, or one similar, might increase ability to avoid knockdowns or stuns. I know that Guardians have stability, as do Dreadnoughts. I'm trying to think of ways to increase the Guardian's defensiveness over the Dreadnought's.