Wooden scabbards

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Candelori

Wooden scabbards

Post by Candelori »

After some brief research I have deduced that wooden scabbards were fairly common in our world's history. It would be very much appreciated if we could have a wooden scabbard recipe added to the game for those of us wishing to eschew the use of leather.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Onasaki

Re: Wooden scabbards

Post by Onasaki »

I second this.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Frisbee

Re: Wooden scabbards

Post by Frisbee »

Forgive me for reviving a rather old thread.

I just wanted to jump in and basically say 'thirded.' I am trying to play a character who despises wearing or using leather, among other things. This is generally easy enough, seeing as the bushcraft skill in this game is so developed, even in this alpha sort of stage. However... Weapon containers? I honestly wouldn't mind just throwing everything in a pack and pulling it out whenever necessary, but wouldn't that realistically be dangerous, especially when it came to bladed or other sharp weapons? Dunno. Something to consider! Thank you to the OP for making this thread.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.