ESP channels

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teyarflow

Re: ESP channels

Post by Teyarflow »

tulpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:10 pm IC chatter is fine, desirable even, as far as I'm concerned, especially with current player numbers. If wearying, removing your pendant seems like a reasonable action that doesn't ask or detract from the game too much.
I agree IC chatter is fine and even good. But your advice of taking off the pendant to avoid it is saying in order to avoid seeing spammy chitchat you must also opt out of the game's events. ESP is how events are announced and how people pass on the news that something is happening or being planned.
Prism

Re: ESP channels

Post by Prism »

I might be in the minority here, buuuuut...

The concept of the silver tuning actually sounds great. A "trade only" attunement just makes lore sense to me, considering the way the pendants are used in the quarantine. I mean, if it's possible for Shadgard to set up it's own independent amber attunement, it doesn't stretch credulity to me personally that, say the twilight eye, for example-- could set up the silver attunement for matters of trade. Having it be casually viewable as gray is would be neat as well, but I'm not as sure about that one.

I mean, sure. The alternative is just have this conversation in person. But some of us still have a bit of preamble negotiation on the network as we're deciding basics like generalized price/meeting location/item in question, and, I dunno. It just sounds to me like a silver channel would be nice for that sort of thing. Trade chats are a thing in other RPE/RPI, as well. (Not that i'm saying that's a good or a bad thing. Just that it's a thing.)

In regard to event announcements over ESP and the like, I don't think that needs it's own independent channel. Much as it'd be convenient for obvious reasons, I think it's much more immersive to suddenly have conversations interrupted to declare "oops bad things are happening" or "Oops there's a goldsmith who wants all of your riln".

Anywhoozles, whatever happens, i'm not too invested. But I figured i'd put in my two riln.
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "