Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Frisbee

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Frisbee »

Unless the inn room doors at the Hearth are soundproof, their occupants should be able to hear shouting from outside.

Thank you.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Please allow drinking from barrels on the ground.

Full ones can be too heavy to pick up so you can't drink from them.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Kick/punch to allow unarmed attacks even when otherwise armed. Even if your hands are full, feels like you should be able to punch with one, but could also restrict it to requiring an empty one.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Currently while hunting if someone else tracks and finds an animal, the only way for others to target the animal is by deliberate targeting, even if the animal attacks the others. It would be nice if other group members would treat the animal as hostile and not need to target (Stemmed by wild dashes as party leader only to not type target fast enough xD)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
nobody

Post by nobody »

Maina wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:07 pm Please allow drinking from barrels on the ground.

I know you can `pour barrel into mug` but if the goal is to be extra like a Faewyr berserker you can `pour barrel into bucket` and drink from a bucket (though you cannot `drink bucket all`, and I find that both sound and amusing).
Maina

Post by Maina »

nobody wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:35 am
Maina wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:07 pm Please allow drinking from barrels on the ground.

I know you can `pour barrel into mug` but if the goal is to be extra like a Faewyr berserker you can `pour barrel into bucket` and drink from a bucket (though you cannot `drink bucket all`, and I find that both sound and amusing).
I was thinking more like cupping your hands and sipping from them.
artus

Post by artus »

Not sure if anyone's suggested this. I've been thinking of a way to specify a container upon buying something. By this, I mean any container, not just the ones we wear. Let's say someone wants to buy 30 branches, it's more practical and less spammy to buy in bulk into a container rather than spam buying and putting 30 branches, making 60-90 unnecessary output lines and spamming others in the same room. Putting it out there for consideration, thank you.:)
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but I'd love a toss <item> <direction> command for throwing an item into an adjacent room and I think it would have a variety of uses.

Tossing a lit torch into a dark room in order to scout ahead!
Throwing a threatening (or loving?) note at your favorite frenemy while they lounge in the Hearth!
Tossing a ball into a room to invite your friend to come out to play!
Other things I can't quite think of right now!
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Delphine wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:30 pm I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but I'd love a toss <item> <direction> command for throwing an item into an adjacent room and I think it would have a variety of uses.

Tossing a lit torch into a dark room in order to scout ahead!
Throwing a threatening (or loving?) note at your favorite frenemy while they lounge in the Hearth!
Tossing a ball into a room to invite your friend to come out to play!
Other things I can't quite think of right now!
My silly, playful character hopes desperately for something like this. This would be hilarious and amazing.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Maybe basic life-saving medical treatment for people who surrender to jail? Like suturing up bleeding wounds. Since they take your belongings, you can't bandage your own wounds in jail.