Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Taliaferro

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Taliaferro »

I'd love it if you could type TRANSFER (THINGYOUWANTTOTRANSFER) TO (CONTAINER) without having to specify the first container.

Am I making sense?

Say you've got a pile of plumbuses on the ground and you want to transfer them to your backpack.

You'd type TRANSFER PLUMBUS TO BACKPACK, instead of having to type TRANSFER PLUMBUS FROM GROUND TO BACKPACK, and the game would transfer the first pile of plumbuses it found to your backpack, and hopefully it'd be the pile of plumbuses you were hoping to transfer.

That is all.
artus

Post by artus »

There's a time when, say, you have a prefered knapping item in mind and don't want to use anything else but that. But just because you have something in the room, you use it instead of your prefered one. Would be nice if there's a way to set it or specify stuff like carve branch make skewer with iron knife, knap chunk make knife with bone or something.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Some QoL suggestions of my own:

Have 'crush bark' automatically move on to the next bark until you've crushed them all.

Allow 'recipe bushcraft' or whatever to show only recipes that use a given skill.

Have foraging stop foraging when there is nothing left to find. It does this for some things but not for many things.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

A couple of things:
First of all, I reckon it would save a lot of people quite a bit of embarrassment if the words "hair", "skin" and "eyes" stopped being valid aliases for targetting people. I am saying this because I imagine they've been the cause of many a mistargetted emote. I get that it isn't the biggest deal in the world for some people, but I hate accidently making random faces or pointing to people I wasn't intending to emote at.
Secondly, it would be amazing if a player could set a mount or similar to be loyal to someone other than themselves. Just for convenience's sake.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Teri

Post by Teri »

When recovering our corpses it would be nice to automatically stash the shirt and pants we couldn't wear if we have space in a container, vs them dropping to the ground.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

When someone mounts a horse, that horse should be removed from any groups that it is currently in. This would help immensely with a group travelling bug involving horses.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Teri wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:58 pm When recovering our corpses it would be nice to automatically stash the shirt and pants we couldn't wear if we have space in a container, vs them dropping to the ground.
Per today's changelog: When using the recover command to recover items from a character's corpse, any items that could not be immediately held or worn will be automatically stowed as long as a suitable container is available to stow them in.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Teri

Post by Teri »

Rias wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:59 am
Teri wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:58 pm When recovering our corpses it would be nice to automatically stash the shirt and pants we couldn't wear if we have space in a container, vs them dropping to the ground.
Per today's changelog: When using the recover command to recover items from a character's corpse, any items that could not be immediately held or worn will be automatically stowed as long as a suitable container is available to stow them in.
Thank you!
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
notgreg

Post by notgreg »

It would be cool and helpful if, from the front desk of the Hearth, we could KNOCK [person] and if they were in their inn room they would hear a knock at the door and could let us in without leaving, grouping up, and re-entering. Maybe it should be something like visiting a farm, where from the front desk you could GO DOOR VISIT TED and you'd end up outside Ted's door.
Zombilicious

Post by Zombilicious »

Dying figurines, effigies, totems, etc. It's more fun to give a colorful gift than it is a plain wooden gift and you can't dye the finished figurine or the block it's made from, and it'd be nice to be able to dye those objects. Or paint them, or stain them, something.
:verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident: