Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Onasaki

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Onasaki »

We got our Commons Radiator, but is it set to turn off for the warmer temperatures? XD
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Could the library's paper shop also sell labels? It's very useful to label your research notes.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

A few farming suggestions. Sorry if something similar has been brought up before.

I would love a command that would allow you to inspect all your livestock without having to look ewe, look ewe 2, look cow etc. Very similar to look soil. Lazy example:
look livestock
You see the following domesticated animals here:
1. A dirty-gray ewe. Well-fed, recently sheared
2. A white ewe. Well-fed, ready for shearing.
Et cetera.

It would be neat if, when harvesting, you could do harvest into <container>. That way, if there's a handcart on a farm, more than one people could use it at the same time, and we wouldn't have to constantly worry about bits of the harvest getting into backpacks/bags/everywhere else.

That is all. Thank you.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

weave cloth qty X

I feel like this might actually be the better command for an easier time with tailoring/weaving as long as X pulls from the 0/3 thread needed.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Teri

Post by Teri »

1: It would be neat if bigger campfires gave more ash.
2: Sand doesn't fit into pockets and a smaller size would be nice.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Teri

Post by Teri »

To be able to use letters/notes/pages as tinder for campfires.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
nobody

Post by nobody »

Teri wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:27 am To be able to use letters/notes/pages as tinder for campfires.
I hesitate with jumping on board with this one because build checks in all one's open worn containers for components (nails, rivets, or in this case tinder) and while it would be nice to not have to forage for tinder, I would absolutely accidentally lose letters to campfire building.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

nobody wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:39 am
Teri wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:27 am To be able to use letters/notes/pages as tinder for campfires.
I hesitate with jumping on board with this one because build checks in all one's open worn containers for components (nails, rivets, or in this case tinder) and while it would be nice to not have to forage for tinder, I would absolutely accidentally lose letters to campfire building.
Maybe if there was a command to TEAR a note/letter/similar paper object up into SHREDDED <paper material> TINDER instead of just using full pages?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Teri

Post by Teri »

Lexx416 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:42 am
nobody wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:39 am
Maybe if there was a command to TEAR a note/letter/similar paper object up into SHREDDED <paper material> TINDER instead of just using full pages?
I do grab the wrong letter extremely often, so that does sound reasonable and a good suggestion.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Talyn wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:07 pm weave cloth qty X

I feel like this might actually be the better command for an easier time with tailoring/weaving as long as X pulls from the 0/3 thread needed.
craft item qty X would be amazing for repetitious things. Obviously more doable with thread and cloth than metalworking, but I'd like to see it in woodworking where we're making all wedges from a branch.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."