Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Pendulum

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Pendulum »

The additional recipe of a rope ladder. It requires two parallel ropes, plus a third rope to cut up to make the rungs. Dramatically reduces the effort/skill needed to climb up/down in comparison to climbing a bare rope.

Not sure if it would require two pitons to anchor it, versus just the one for the simple rope. Gut feeling it would need 2 pitons, but zero experience in this field.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
Teri

Post by Teri »

Targeted butchering to get sinew or horns first, etc
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
jerc

Post by jerc »

It would be really nice to be able to replace a remembered name with a new one without the person being there.

Example scenarios:
  • You change your format for keeping names/auras straight.
  • You learn someone's last name when they're not present.
  • You learn someone's name as they pass by and you notice a name tag
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Would be really nice if there was a feature at the front desk of the Hearth or other inns where you could inquire about having your room restored at a price, after you've re-paid your rent. I figure this would be useful to people who keep massive amounts of stuff in their rooms.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

Could the morale for catching a larger than average fish be increased? It doesn't happen often and .2 seems really low when I get more from eating flapjacks which I can do easily whenever I want.
Vaelin

Post by Vaelin »

Would it be possible to make your char auto crawl when you're knocked down and you use the flee command? Especially for big groups and your standing or prone state would be lost in the spam it'll be good to know that you can just crawl away when you're really not sure what's going on. I mean, flee is probably already a panic button.
(Insert appropriate smiley)
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

It would be nice if objects worn in the "necklace" slot did not cover the neck for purposes of bathing and certain druid abilities. This would bring those objects in line with the "ears", "bracelet", "anklet", and "pin" slots.
Teri

Post by Teri »

A suggestion for belts: A strip worn containers/belt, to make it easier to swap belts/containers.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

When we set our language, we change both spoken and written language. Perhaps the command message could be, "You will now speak and write in the Common language."
jerc

Post by jerc »

It would be handy if we could keep writing implements in certain writable things, e.g. a chalk clip on a writing slate, a loop to keep a writing charcoal on your journal, or allow the portfolio to store writing implements in addition to paper.