Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Gorth

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Gorth »

More of a spam change, but could we have it so performing player attacks on a Warhorse didn't even atempt to trigger the Marauder's Dirtkick ability? You can't even dirtkick with a free hand, ala throwing ash, so it becomes quite a spammy set of lines if several events line up in quick succession.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Teri

Post by Teri »

The phrasing for sheep wool in the market is currently sheep's wool, while the other wool is listed as alpaca wool and rabbit wool (I forgot how squirrel wool is listed.) It makes ordering the others difficult as all of the other product under rabbit and alpaca show up, as the wool lacks the possessive s. I end up going through ordering 'brown alpaca wool' 1, 2, 3 and so on until I reach the wool itself. Edited to add either changing the phrasing, or how wool is written for the market. Maybe unspun wool, or unprocessed wool.
Last edited by Teri on Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

Would like to be able to dye the following items, currently undyable:

basic:

leather holster
leather and woven sling
thick leather portfolio
player crafted dagger sheath

more complex:

branches (or else the carved products from them)
leather before it is crafted (so you could make several
smaller items from one larger dyed piece of leather)
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
Teri

Post by Teri »

A suggestion for after accepting treatment, the ability to stop accepting treatment. Occasionally the timing in battle is terrible for treatment roundtime, and communicating don't heal me might not be timely enough.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Teri

Post by Teri »

Be able to log in with self-named character name.
Staz

Post by Staz »

It would be nice if "containers set" had a few more options for crafting items. Containers set leatherworking, containers set woodworking, containers set weaving, etc. Then everything goes into that container as you complete it.

It would also be nice if we had "tool set" that allowed us to manually set a default tool for a particular skill, instead of having to do the inventory shuffle to make sure I'm chopping the tree with my logging axe and not my pickaxe.

It would also be awesome if we had a command like "recipes <item>" that would show the recipes the character knows that use that item. If my character knows that a long haft and a shovel head can be combined to make a shovel, then if I typed "recipes shovel head," I'd see the other parts needed for the shovel. This is a simple example, but it would be very useful for items like crossbows that the character can have all the skills to create, but the player doesn't know which parts they need or what order to attach them.
Teri

Post by Teri »

1: An on-duty tag for physickers in the infirmary so pc's know who is a physicker or not.

2: 'bleeding' for npc's and pc's to determine if they are currently bleeding, bloody if the bleeding has been stopped (To give us a better idea of if we should be bandaging or walk away and let enemies bleed out >.>)
Current example: Bella (badly wounded, lying on a thick canvas cot, bloody)
Suggestion example: Bella (badly wounded, lying on a thick canvas cot, bleeding)

I know I can look at the wound levels and can probably figure out if there is bleeding by seeing blood on their clothes, but there is a good number of times I go to treat someone with unguent and realize, oops they are bleeding. They might want a bandage.
Teri

Post by Teri »

This came up on vc, but throwing it here too: Be able to heave corpses into handcarts, or a specific corpse sled for them.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

May we be able to see how full up on milk an animal is when looking at it?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Doorknocking/ask at check in desk for inn room access from an approved list while renter is in room.