Gaining Experience

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
artus

Re: Gaining Experience

Post by artus »

Question is, how easy is it actually for newbs to stay alive in higher level zones, and how high can we go without endangering them? I can see something like leading tarueka level newb to something like trogs, but what if it's something like high end liberi or fjelbeists when they have like 25 dodge/armor and like 50 melee, fresh out of squishing ravens?
Talyn

Post by Talyn »

I mean I've taken someone with only 10 points in melee/dodge to Valeria before. Both as a character with 10 melee and others I've taken who've had no skill really. Just know your limits if you're protecting someone and don't take new people into zones dedicated for a group of high levels. Like northwest Valeria. Warriors make for great crowd control in most zones, or bards, anything that can knock down. If you can knock down you should since that doesn't only monopolize for you but the entire group to hit that target. you can have d110 vs d700 and still hit them if they have x-11 rerolls due to being prone, and you'll hit them pretty frequently.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I've seen a person with 10 melee and zero dodge and no armor survive in Northwest Quarter. I told them not to go, but the reaso nthey didn't die is because they had a Dreadnought as a guard and there were three other people alpha-striking any mob we saw down in one or two hits. It's definitely doable. I try not to, because it feels silly, to me, and kind of defeats the dangerous feeling those zones are supposed to hold, but I guess that's selfish of me. /shrug
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Navi

Post by Navi »

The lack of exp from killing lower skilled mobs is not enough to detour those players from going there to grind other things like riln and lockboxes. I frequently see level 70 warriors with 700 melee fighting in places well below their skill level for that very reason. Granting a small amount of experience would not hurt IMO.

If there is concern for higher skilled players spending time in lower skilled areas, then that's an entirely different discussion.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again