Scribe Command

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Nappist

Scribe Command

Post by Nappist »

An in-character autologging command that drops all text from selected channels (pendants, emotes, whispers, and/or says) into a book you are holding while consuming resources. Reduces difficulty on cleaning up logs, hassle, and an IC outlet for storytelling.

Could even go full swing and have recording pendants that do the same thing, but in your pockets, so you could sneaky record convos?

Something like that anyway.
Taliaferro

Re: Scribe Command

Post by Taliaferro »

I like the magic bugging device idea. Fun idea for spies, and it could go some way to mitigating that weird jarring way MUD characters often tend to have bizarrely superhuman capacities to report long conversations verbatim.

Not that I've encountered any of that in COGG yet, but it's a thing!
Nappist

Post by Nappist »

Taliaferro wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:03 pm I like the magic bugging device idea. Fun idea for spies...
Not just spies, but people who want to perform "justice", and bring those dastardly enemies - I mean, criminals to heel! Something more than he-said-she-said if you're before a sheriff or something.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I like the idea for an occult bugging device!

For cleaning up logs, you could use the MPF (or METAPREFIX) command and turn on MPF SAY and MPF EMOTE. Then all uses of the SAY and EMOTE commands will have the ::SAY:: and ::EMOTE:: prefixes before them, and you can use that to easily filter their uses in logs.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO